Commercial Insurance Products

Public Liability Insurance

Public Liability Insurance provides cover for claims made by third parties arising from the activities of your business. This can include damage to individuals or to their property, and can arise at both premises occupied by a business, or a contract site, or any place where work is being carried out. Cover is typically provided with a limit of indemnity per claim of £2 million, £5 million or more if specifically requested. Cover would also generally include Products liability.

Get a Quotearrow

Employers’ Liability Insurance

Employers’ Liability cover is a legal requirement for most businesses. Employers are responsible for the Health and Safety of their employees in the workplace, and whilst they are carrying out their Employer’s business. Injuries are unfortunately increasingly commonplace and can range from the relatively minor, to serious accidents. In the unfortunate event of an accident at work a claim may be brought against an Employer for compensation and the legal costs involved. The Law requires that cover of at least £5 million is provided; most policies provide a minimum of £10 million.

Get a Quotearrow

Products Liability Insurance

Products Liability Insurance covers legal liability arising from the sale or supply of a product. If a product supplied causes injury or damage to another person or their property, then a claim may be made against the supplier, or manufacturer. Limits of indemnity are similar to Public Liability but are in the aggregate for each period of insurance. Cover would generally be arranged with Public Liability.

Get a Quotearrow

Property Owner’s Insurance

When you have bought a property as an investment, it is natural that you would want to protect your asset and the income that you will earn from this. A property owner’s policy will provide cover for the buildings against a number of eventualities including fire, storm and flood, and malicious damage. Cover can usually be extended to include subsidence and terrorism. Your legal liability as a property owner will also be covered under a property owner’s liability section.

Protection of the rental income can be provided by way of a loss of rent section payable over a number of years as suits individual needs.

We have excellent markets from individual buy to let policies to multi property risks.

Get a Quotearrow

Shop and Office Insurance

A package Shop or Office policy will meet the needs of most small businesses in this sector. Policies can be tailored to meet individual requirements but will typically provide protection for the assets of the business, including buildings, stock and general contents. Protection against interruption to the business will be provided for a period of 12 to 24 months or longer if required. Other covers that may be provided will include Loss of Money, Glass, Employers' and Public / Products Liability and Goods In Transit.

Get a Quotearrow

Directors’ and Officers’ Liability Insurance

In today’s ever more litigious climate, many Directors and senior individuals within businesses can face significant personal liabilities which may put their personal assets at risk. Claims can arise from many areas including Health and Safety, Race, sexual and age discrimination and Corporate manslaughter. A D&O policy can provide cover from awards for damages judgements and settlements and will usually include legal defence costs. Premiums for this invaluable cover are not as expensive as many might think and we would be pleased to provide quotations and full policy details.

Get a Quotearrow

Motor Fleet Insurance

Policies can be arranged on a Comprehensive, Third Party Fire and Theft, or Third Party only basis to cover all vehicles and road going plant owned by a business. Fleets can vary in size usually from a minimum of 5, and for the larger fleets policies can be arranged on a declaration basis, automatically covering vehicles that you might be responsible for. All types of vehicle can be covered from small vans, to heavy goods vehicles, road sweepers to dumper trucks.

Many insurers offer telephone claims reporting, recommended repairers and courtesy cars allowing you to keep your business on the move.

Get a Quotearrow

Professional Indemnity

As a professional, you have a legal duty of care to your clients. If you make a mistake with the services that you provide then it is likely that a claim might be made against you. The cost of any damages and the associated legal costs can often be significant and can be covered under a suitable Professional Indemnity policy. Limits of Indemnity can be set to suit your individual requirements, and excesses tailored to reflect how much of the ‘risk’ you wish to bear yourself. Many professions will be obliged to have PI cover, and any firm providing advice or designs will be strongly recommended to have this protection.

Get a Quotearrow

Taxi Insurance

Taxi insurance is a specialist area and policies are designed to meet the needs of the taxi operator. We have the markets to cover risks from one man bands, to multi vehicle operators. Levels of cover and the amount of any excess can be set to suit individual requirements and budgets.

We can discuss the level of liability cover provided to passengers, and arrange cover that will include legal expenses and a replacement vehicle in the event of an accident.

Get a Quotearrow

Minibus Insurance

We understand the minibus insurance needs of schools, charities, churches, clubs, care homes and many more. We can tailor minibus insurance policies to suit almost every need and offer some of the best packages around.

Cover for minibuses is available for drivers with the appropriate licence in the UK (contact us for advice), as long as your vehicle is between seven and 17 seats.

Get a Quotearrow

Hauliers Insurance

Hauliers will require cover both for the goods that they are transporting (Goods In Transit), and to cover their legal liability for their own employees and members of the public (Employers and Public Liability).

A haulier’s chosen trading terms and conditions should determine the Goods in Transit cover that is most suitable. You may wish to accept full liability for the goods that you are responsible for, alternatively you may wish to limit your liability to a set amount dependant on the weight of the goods transported. The countries in which you are moving goods will also have a bearing on the cover and the limits that you will require. Please speak to an advisor and we will be pleased to tailor a policy to suit your needs.

Get a Quotearrow

Motor Trade Insurance

A Motor Trader will typically require a number of different classes of insurance depending on the nature of his business. This usually falls under two headings, Garage Risks, and Road Risks.

The Road Risks policy will provide cover to allow drivers to drive any motor vehicle in their care, custody or control. This is essential for the motor trader who needs to road test, or collect and deliver vehicles for instance. The policy can also be extended to include cover for demonstration by potential customers. Vehicles that are owned and operated by the business will also be covered.

The Garage Risks policy will provide protection for the assets of the business which may include buildings, fixtures and fittings, and the stock of vehicles. In addition cover will be provided for Employers’ Liability and Public Liability, including cover against defective workmanship. Business Interruption insurance can be included and policies can be extended to include Engineering Inspection cover for items such as vehicle lifts and compressors.

Get a Quotearrow

Contractors All Risks Insurance

Contractors All Risks insurance (also known as Contract Works insurance) is a policy specially designed for builders as well as many other contracting trades. Contractors All Risks insurance will include the Contract Works themselves which are insured against physical loss or damage, own plant, hired-in plant and employee's tools.

From a commercial builder building a new development, to a small building firm constructing a residential extension, the policy will provide the protection you require for the works that will be your responsibility.

Get a Quotearrow

Tradesman’s Insurance

Competitively priced package policies are available for a comprehensive range of tradesman and other occupations. In addition to builders, plumbers and other tradesmen, we can also provide cover for hairdressers, beauticians and website designers and even for more ‘unusual’ trades including dog walkers, flower arrangers and taxidermists to name but a few. Please ask for a quotation for your particular trade or occupation.

Policies will include Public Liability as standard and can be extended to include Employers’ liability, tools, hired in plant and legal expenses as may be required.

Get a Quotearrow

GSI Commercial Services

GSI Commercial Services llp
63, Riverside 3, Sir Thomas Longley Road, Medway City Estate, Strood, Rochester, Kent ME2 4BH
Tel: 01634 727766
Fax: 01634 726647


Need some help?
View FAQ's

Taking Care of our Customers

Terms of Business
Treating Customers Fairly


Geoffrey Simmons

Partner & founder of The GSI Group. His background prior to Broking was that of Area Manager for Pearl Assurance. With a deep-rooted desire to be able to give Independent Advice he founded the Business in 1978 as a composite Brokerage. Over the years the Business has split into 4 separate entities each specialising in their own areas of expertise.

David Bramley-Harker

David joined the GSI Group in 1992 as a Commercial Account Executive having served 5 years as an underwriter with Royal Insurance. He became a Partner in GSI Commercial Services in 1995 and has seen the business expand three-fold but still has ambitious plans for the future. David’s main areas of expertise include Motor Fleets, Hauliers, Liability, Motor Trade and Property insurance. David is a Chartered Insurance Broker, professionally qualified to ACII status.

Terry Charlesworth

Terry joined the GSI Group in 1993 as a Commercial Account Executive and, together with David, became a Partner in GSI Commercial Services in 1995. Prior to that, Terry spent 10 years with a number of national Brokerages. Terry’s main areas of expertise include Contractors, Manufacturers, Distribution and Motor Fleet.